Pebble Beach Countdown Minus 2 Days

Everyone told us that Carmel Valley is warmer than Carmel, but you don’t know what they mean until you experience it yourself. Today we woke up to a little fog, but it quickly warmed up to sunshine and probably 65 and warm enough for me to wear shorts! Since we forgot to pack toothbrushes (yes, the saga continues!!), we had to go somewhere to get those. And, since we were traveling anyway, we decided to eat on the road and tour around afterwards - thank goodness for the rental car in the narrow streets around here!! So, we ended up stumbling upon several cute travel stores that stocked the brands for my new ‘uniform’ - yeah for me. Also, we’ve been struggling a little because the tournament supplies the top swag, but not the bottom swag. The bottom swag is required to be be khaki, and no cargo wear (hmmmm…). Anyway, we found some pants for me last week at Dick’s, but, although I borrowed a pair of Nan’s khaki shorts, she wanted them back and thought I should have my own pair. Consequently, we have been on the hunt for at least the last couple of weeks - nothing like waiting until the last minute! Today, we went into Carmel and went to several stores. Luckily, it is my birthday month so I finagled a new cute top at the first store we stopped at - but, alas, no khaki shorts. We ended up stumbling upon a Tommy Bahamas store that had the perfect pair of khaki shorts - happy birthday month to me!!

This is a little bit of how I felt this morning…



Comments

  1. LOL...luckily Carmel is considered civilization...BTW, the Corkscrew Cafe in Carmel Valley is very good..P's favorite is a Meyer Lemon Pizza..sounds strange but delicious...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

USGA Senior Women’s Open - Day 3